Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Rush of Blood by Quintin Jardine

I can't quite decide who my favourite detective is: Bob Skinner or Cetin Ikmen. I love the familiarity of Edinburgh, Fife and Tayside brought to me by Jardine, and I love the exoticness and heat of Istanbul that Nadel's fiction inhabits. Each series has a plethora of interesting and involving characters, whose private lives provide much of the interest. I have read both series out of order, so I have discovered that some characters have divorced, remarried or died, then have read stories from their earlier days where they have yet to meet the loves of their lives, or the criminal insider or such. A Rush of Blood is Quintin Jardine's latest book, and long may they continue. An interesting point - at one point, a policewoman reads a book called "Inhuman Remains", about a female detective - this is one of another Jardine series, a small injoke, which I liked.

Anyway, I am looking forward to reading more about Bob Skinner's past as I am intrigued by some of his present circumstances!

Here is the list so far, with links (hopefully!) to other books of his that I have reviewed (unfortunately not as many as I would have liked!) (If you know me, please feel free to send me more of these unread books!!):

Skinner's Rules (2nd read)
Skinner's Festival (4th read)
Skinner's Trail
Skinner's Round
Skinner's Ordeal
Skinner's Mission
Skinner's Ghosts
Murmuring the Judges
Gallery Whispers
Thursday Legends
Autographs in the Rain
Head Shot
Fallen Gods (1st read)
Stay of Execution
Lethal Intent
Dead and Buried
Death's Door
Aftershock
Fatal Last Words
A Rush of Blood (3rd read)

No comments: