Saturday, June 06, 2009

Happiness and All That Stuff by Karen McCombie

Sadie's brother, Sonny, is really annoying. He's starstruck and at stage school. Sadie's Dad lives above the garage, and still seems to think he's some sort of teenage rock star. Sadie's Mum has just had a baby, Martha, with her new boyfriend, Will, who lives in the main house with Sadie's Mum and the children. Sadie loves her little sister, her cat, Dog, and Clive, her rabbit. She also loves the refugee Christmas tree that lives in the cemetery. But she is not too keen on her brother, or on the strange set up with her Dad still living in his Bachelor Pad above the garage.

I particularly like the fact that Sadie goes shopping with her friends in the N1 Shopping Centre in Islington. I like visiting there too. And she goes to Waterstone's on Islington Green. Another place I've been. Another good page turner.

And now I'm up to date with my books ... I think!

No comments: