Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

With Monsters of Men being another of the Carnegie Medal Short Listers, I thought I'd better attempt the whole trilogy. As they were such thick books, I thought that this could take me a while. How wrong I was.

I remember hearing good things about this book when it was first published a couple of years ago. And it more than lived up to its reputation. With a talking dog, and a town where you can hear everyone's thoughts, the last boy in town is looking forward to becoming a man ... until he senses ... silence. An exciting story, you follow Todd and Viola through all sorts of struggles, adventures and misadventures, until you reach what you hope will be - hope. But will they make it through? I never looked so forward to reading the next book before!

No comments: